Tried Plantains for the first time this weekend - Everyone really like them. They tasted like a cross between a banana and a squash.
1- Ripe Plantain
Pour about 1/2 " of Vegetable Oil in to a frying pan
Heat slowly to a medium heat about a temp of 325 degrees
Cut Plantain into 1" pieces
Fry both sizes for about 2 minutes each
Remove from oil - let set for a minute
Use the bottom of a bowl and gently smash into 1/4" Patty's
Return to oil and fry until outside is crisp
Remove from oil and lightly salt.
- RECIPE - Lucky Bucket Beer Batter
- RECIPE - Lucky Bucket Sliders
- RECIPE - Lucky Bucket French Onion Soup with Pit B...
- RECIPE - Lucky Bucket BBQ and Buffalo Sauce
- RECIPE - Arnold Palmer Drink
- RECIPE - Italian Summer Burger
- RECIPE Homemade Biscuits
- RECIPE - Grandma Emily's Dumplings
- RECIPE - Coney Island Dog
- RECIPE - Italian Grill Bowls
- RECIPE - CD's Cucumbers in Vinegar
- RECIPE - Fried Plantain
- ▼ June (12)