A few week ago I got an awesome new tailgating game from our friends at MPH My Pole-ish Horseshoes. This game is a new twist on an American classic. Unfortunately right now it's 4 degrees here, so I won't be playing my new game Sunday. Luckily Punxsutawney Phil has predicted an early Spring!
Check out the Official Rules to the Game!
My Pole-ish Horseshoes Game Rules
- My Pole-ish Horseshoes is played with two teams of two people.
- Place MPH poles 30 feet apart or a desired distance.
- Place a 12-ounce beverage can on top of each pole.
- Each team takes a turn throwing the Frisbee. The throwing team is the offensive team and the team catching the Frisbee is the defensive team. Team members switch back and forth with their partners every time it is their turn to throw.
- When throwing the Frisbee you must stand behind your pole.
- The defending team only has to catch the Frisbee when the throw is within one step left or right of the two people defending. If the two defending people have to jump to catch the Frisbee they don’t have to catch it. No points are awarded when the throw is out of range.
- Throw the Frisbee and hit nothing – but the other team catches the Frisbee – the offensive teams gets no points.
- Throw the Frisbee and hit nothing – but the other team drops the Frisbee – the offensive team gets a single point. Throw the Frisbee and hit the pole, and the can falls off, the offensive team gets two points. If the defensive team catches the Frisbee or the can – but not both – the offensive team gets one point. Should the defensive team catch both the Frisbee and the can, the offensive team gets no points.
- Throw the Frisbee and hit the can off the pole, you get three points. If the defensive team catches the can or Frisbee but not both the offensive team gets two points. If the defensive team catches both the can and Frisbee, the offensive team gets one point.
- If the offensive team throws the Frisbee short of the pole, the defensive team gets a penalty shot. A penalty shot allows the defensive team to take a shot from where the Frisbee landed.
The winner is the team that first reaches 11 or 21. Good luck!
The object of the game is to throw the Frisbee and knock a can off the pole while holding a 12-ounce beverage can in one hand at all times during the game.
Remember, when setting up My Pole-ish Horseshoes the base's middle pole faces the other team.
Get your own set at
MPH - My Pole-ish Horseshoeswww.mypole-ishhorseshoes.com
GET THEM OUT - GRAB A COLD ONE AND HAVE SOME FUN!