Monday, October 4, 2010

LaCaja China Roasting Box - First Meal

After much anticipation I finally got a chance to put my LaCaja China Roasting Box to work!

Initial review - INCREDIBLE!

1. Easy to assemble
2. Easy to use
3. Delicious output
So I will take you through a pictorial of my first meal, made with the LaCaja China

First off - I made a pork shoulder.



I injected with a marinade made mostly of butter, brown sugar and some secrete spices.

After I injected it, I brushed it with the mixture.


Going forward I don't recommend brushing the extra on the outside of the meat . The sugar charred, pretty bad, but don't worry the meat inside the crust was awesome!



After I injected my meat and put it in the LaCaja China Roasting Box, I put the lid and charcoal rack back on, and spread a bag of Kingsford Charcoal evenly across the top of the cooker







Then I squirted some Kingsford Orderless Lighter Fluid on my Charcoals and let it soak in for a few minutes.








After I got my coals going, I set my timer for 2.5 hours.


Then I just waited.

You do not want to open the lid until the cooking time is over.

It is that easy!

So I sat down and watched some Football.

Unfortunately we didn't get the Steeler Game here!



After 2.5 hours I took it out!

Like I said the brown sugar charred a bit, but the meat in side was perfect!

Nice and Juicy and very tender!

My family and neighbors loved it!

Of coarse they wanted to know what's next!




I really enjoyed using the LaCaja China.

I got great pork, while I enjoyed the football games.

I will warn you, when you set this up in your driveway, be ready to field questions from your neighbors and people driving by.

I have a lot more friends in the neighborhood, after the arrival of my LaCaja China!


No comments:

Post a Comment