Tuesday, July 27, 2010

RECIPE - Dorothy Mildred's Spaghetti


Tonight we made spaghetti using my Wife's Grandma's Recipe. I never met my Wife's Grandma, she had past away when my wife was a kid, my in-laws have past down some of her favorite recipes. I am so happy I can recreate some of the meals my wife grew up on.
This is a very unique approach to spaghetti, very different from any of my other recipes. We have spaghetti on a regular basis and I like to mix this one in to the rotation for a nice change of pace.

INGREDIENTS
1 - 16 oz Box of Spaghetti
1/2 - Quart of tomato juice
32oz of Longhorn or Colby Cheese
1/2 - lb of hamburger

PROCESS
Cook Spaghetti according to instructions on the box - then set aside
Fry hamburger - then set aside
Grade cheese - then set aside
Pour tomato juice into the pot and SLOWLY bring up heat to a slow boil
Then add cheese a little at a time, stirring as you go.
Once all cheese is added and melted, add the hamburger
Then add the noodles and toss and mix with tongs
Serve and Enjoy!

Tonight I served mine with a nice Asiago Cheese bread and fresh green beans

No comments:

Post a Comment