Tuesday, July 6, 2010

RECIPE - French Toast


I was watching Alton Brown's Good Eats and he was showing us how to make French Toast. I will admit it looked really good and I may try his method sometime. But here's the deal - He started preparing it the day before. REALLY, its French Toast not BBQ Pork Shoulder. I make French Toast for my kids all the time, in about 10 minutes. It may not be as good as Alton's, but its pretty darn good, in a fraction of the time.

INGREDIENTS
6 - Eggs
1/4 - cup of milk
14 - Slices of bread
1/4 - teaspoon of nutmeg (optional)

PROCESS
Beat eggs, milk and optional nutmeg in a large flat bottom bowl
Dunk both sides of the bread in mixture for about 5 seconds each
Heat Griddle to 350 degrees
Cook each side until lightly browned

Garnish with warm syrup and butter
For the Kids I cut them into sticks

No comments:

Post a Comment