Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Crystal's Hot Sauce

I have always been a big hot sauce fan. I love to try the different brands and I have found some favorites. One hot sauce that has been a favorite of my for some time now is Crystal's Hot Sauce from Baumer Foods. The other night I was eating some Jambalaya and decided I need a little more spice, so I added some Crystal's Hot Sauce - WOW talk about enhancing the flavor. Crystals gives you a nice touch of heat, but very smooth and always consistent.

I have used Crystal's in wings for years and have used it as a condiment for even longer. So I got me thinking what else can I make with Crystals? Well your gonna find out! Over the next month I am going to, not only show you how to make great wings, but also a couple non-traditional dishes using Crystals Hot Sauce!

Also being a food geek - I always like to do a little reading about the history behind some of my favorite brands. So I thought I would share with you what I read about the history of Baumer Foods, the company that brings us Crystals!

This part is taken from their website

"Since 1923, when the first cayenne peppers were ground, aged and bottled as Crystal Hot Sauce, Baumer products have been synonymous with quality and service. Baumer Foods was founded by Alvin and Mildred Baumer on Tchoupitoulas Street in New Orleans. Today, Alvin A. Baumer, Jr., their son, carries on the business, still personally inspecting the pepper fields prior to harvest to make sure each cayenne is hand-picked at its sun-ripened best.

With a little over 200 employees, domestic sales of Crystal Hot Sauce have been red hot, increasing every year for five consecutive years. International distribution brings the great taste of Crystal Hot Sauce to pepper loving people in more than 73 countries. Every year, 3 million gallons of Crystal Hot Sauce are shipped out of our New Orleans plant to destinations around the world.

While hot sauce is the heart of Baumer Foods, the company also boasts a taste-driven product line that includes Crystal Extra Hot Hot Sauce (three times hotter, just as flavorful); specialty hot sauces; steak, soy, Worcestershire and teriyaki sauces; chicken wing and barbecue sauces.

One taste and you'll understand why we say the difference is clear: Crystal."

If you would like to read more go to

http://www.baumerfoods.com/

And don't forget - Stay tuned for some great recipes using Crystals!

No comments:

Post a Comment