Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas Coffee Fudge

So this year I have taken on a lot of new projects, and it seems like there is not enough hours in the day. So I made the decision this Christmas season I wasn't making a bunch of different Christmas candy. I was only making a few batches of peanut butter fudge which is my wife's favorite. Well as expected, I changed my mind, and while at the store last night I got a bunch of supplies to make a several different Christmas Candy's!

Many different things caused me to change my mind, one of which was a new creation jingling in my mind. I have been thinking about making a dark chocolate mocha fudge. So last night I as the Christmas spirit was consuming me, I got into the kitchen and went to work. I will admit I think I may have created an instant Christmas classic!


INGREDIENTS

3 - Cups of Sugar
1 - Cup of Evaporated Milk
1 - Stick of Butter
1 - Tablespoon of Eight O'Clock French Vanilla Coffee Grounds
1 - 12 oz Bag of Hersey's Special Dark Chocolate Chips
1 - Cup of Small Marshmallows
1 - Tablespoon of Brown Sugar
1 - teaspoon of Vanilla Extract

PROCESS

Combine the Hersey's Special Dark Chocolate Chips, Brown Sugar, Vanilla and Marshmallows in a large mixing bowl.

Combine the Sugar, Evaporated Milk, Butter and Eight O'Clock French Vanilla Coffee Grounds in a sauce pan. Place on stove top and slowly raise heat until butter is melted and ingredients are incorporated. Then turn to high heat and bring to a rolling boil. One boil is achieved boil for 7 minutes and make sure to stir often.

After 7 minutes pour the hot mixture into the mixing bowl over the top of the other ingredients. You must do this immediately while the contains are still extremely hot.

Then mix with an electric mixer on high.
Once you have a smooth mixture, pour into a greased 9x12 glass casserole dish and spread smooth with a plastic spatula.

Allow to cool then cut into 1" squares and EAT!

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment